Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

ATYPICAL FACIAL PAIN

Well i talked to the head neurosurgeon at john hopkins hospital in baltimore yesterday. After reviewing my records she has diagnosed me with atypical facial pain and unfortunately they don't treat that. She has referred me to one of the top country's neurosurgeon in new york city, Dr. Jeffrey Brown. This is it, if there is nothing he can do to help me then i have to live like this the rest of my life. There are certain surgeries that can be done, which is very risky because of the trigeminal nerve being so close to the brain. Then there's a few stories i've read that the surgery didn't help or worstened the problem. I'm willing to do the surgery if at all he can give me a high success rate. Now stress intensifies the pain so now i find out that he is not in our network on insurance so therefore we have to pay out of pocket. 600.00 JUST FOR A CONSULTATION. Then if surgery is my only option then how much is that gonna cost???? Then the airfare by itself??? I've been yelling for the past year i don't want to live like this anymore i'm beginning to think it would just be cheaper on my family just to bury me :( i'm now stressed and depressed...what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment