Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baclofen my NEW drug .....

Well Dr. took me off the gabapentin because talk about being depressed, hell i'm depressed enough don't need to add to it and apparently was a VERY hateful person...can't be having that. Well i started Baclofen (it is a muscle relaxer used to treat SEVERE spasms)????? she thinks the nerves in my face are having some major spasms from the TN (shingles) well here is once again ANOTHER drug gong into my body..A list of things that interact with this med:
alcohol
•antihistamines
•medicines for depression, anxiety, and other mental conditions
•medicines for pain like codeine, oxycodone, tramadol, and propoxyphene
•medicines for sleep
•other medicines injected in the spine like morphine
•phenobarbital

Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
•allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
•breathing problems
•changes in vision
•chest pain
•fast heartbeat
•feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
•hallucinations
•mood or mental changes
•problems with balance, talking, walking
•ringing or buzzing in the ears
•seizure
•trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
•unusually nervous, restless

Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
•changes in taste
•confusion
•constipation or diarrhea
•dry mouth
•headache
•muscle weakness
•nausea, vomiting
•trouble sleeping
HELLO I am on 4 of these... well so far i am taking 3 a day can take up to 4 and it makes me EXTREMELY drowsy. Guess I'll give it a week or so and see if it gets better. My next step is going to a neurologist who specializes in TN(trigeminal neuralgia) I am now to the point to where i want to do surgery which is very ify considering the nerve is so close to the brain...I am sick of trying diff meds and feeling the effect they have on me, good mood, bad mood, depressed, sleepy...ughhhhhh i just want to feel NORMAL..

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/baclofen#ixzz1RzNiFprKOTHER drug going into my body. Things that interact with this med

No comments:

Post a Comment